Fair Trade Certified™ Seafood
Why Source Fair Trade Certified Seafood
Ready to begin your better business journey? Fair Trade Certified is your ticket! Here’s how sourcing fair trade seafood can help you.
Solidify your supply chain resiliency
- Actively manage potential risk with rigorous fair trade standards ensuring safe working environments and improved conditions, wages, working hours, benefits, and the elimination of forced labor and poverty.
- Improve operational efficiency and performance.
- Get support and training in field to help ensure compliance to Fair Trade Certified Standards.
- More sustainable income and better working conditions increase worker retention (less turnover and absenteeism) with more satisfied and engaged employees.
- Improves workers’ lives and communities with Community Development Funds that help fishers and workers address real challenges in their lives.
- Fair Trade Community Development Funds go directly to initiatives determined by workers for their benefit that support communities.
- The Fair Trade Committee process engages worker voice and participation.
Advance your Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) goals
- Accelerate your ESG/Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goals.
- With over 120 KPIs tracking to the United Nations’ 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), your partnership with Fair Trade USA unlocks metrics that help deliver on environmental, social, and economic sustainability commitments.
- Get visible, real outcomes.
- Help accelerate B-Corp Certification.
Strengthen your brand
- Mitigate potential reputational risk such as undetected labor violations in your supply chain.
- Have confidence in the credibility of your commitments and demonstrate authenticity to consumers. Fair Trade USA is ISEAL Code Compliant. Our system has been independently evaluated against ISEAL’s Codes of Good Practice.
- Ensure traceability and transparency with data.
Build loyalty and meet consumer demand
- 65% of consumers recognize the Fair Trade Certified label.
- 78% of consumers trust the Fair Trade Certified label.
- 1 in 3 consumers are more likely to purchase with the Fair Trade Certified label.
- 75% of consumers indicate a third-party certification provides trust that a product/company is taking sustainable action.
- Find more U.S. consumer insights here.
The Human Face of Seafood Sustainability
How is fair trade transforming the seafood industry? Follow three fishing communities from Alaska, Mexico, and Indonesia on their journey to become more sustainable through fair trade. Often overlooked in discussions about seafood sustainability, fishers provide fresh perspectives about why fair trade is so important and how it has impacted their lives and their communities.
Fair Trade Seafood Makes a Difference
Bring recognition to your commitment to social and environmental stewardship.
In 2021, fair trade seafood partners generated $667k in Community Development Funds used to foster prosperous fishing communities and resilient supply chains.
Dollar sales at a national retailer increased 3.3% on average in the 6 months after adding the Fair Trade Certified seal to their products.
Ready to learn how Fair Trade Certified can work for you?
Fill out this form to take the next step!